Sunday, January 26, 2014

8/54 Color Changing Milk

  This five minute experiment made my day a colorful splash! I took my mom’s glass pie pan and filled it with just enough milk to cover the transparent pan.
Color changing Milk 001
    Then I put a few drops of food coloring in the milk. Blue, red, pink, and green were the colors of my choice.
Color changing Milk 006
   I took a cotton swab and put it in the middle of the circle of food coloring and, as expected,  nothing happened.
Color changing Milk 007
   Then I flipped the cotton swab around and dipped the other end in some dish soap.
Color changing Milk 008
   Then I placed it in the center of the circle and something beautiful happened… Take a look.
Color changing Milk 012
   Color changing Milk 014
Color changing Milk 015
    Without moving the swab, the colors looked like they were racing to the edge of the pan. Then I had placed the swab in other places of the pan and watched what happened.
Color changing Milk 016
Color changing Milk 017
   With that, my beautiful milky pan made my day one of great enjoyment.
  Mr. Spangler does provide explanations for every experiment in his book. I LOVE to read and learn why something happens and that is half the fun! That is why if you are interested in a certain experiment, I strongly encourage you to research for answers and learn what what we can learn about God’s creation!!