Tuesday, July 7, 2015

47/54 It Pays to Smile

This experiment literally took five minutes and was entertaining. All I needed was a crisp dollar bill. Have you noticed Washington’s facial expression on the dollar bill? What if we can change that expression?
I started by folding the bill straight across one of his eyes.
IMG_2367 IMG_2368
I made the same fold across his other eye. Then, I fold the two folds together so that it looks like this…
IMG_2370 IMG_2372
Ok, so I did a couple of fancy folds, what does that got to do with changing the expression of President Washington? Take a look at this!
When I tilted the bill up slightly, Washington’s smiled just as big as I was when I saw this.
IMG_2376
When I tilted the bill downwards, well let’s just say he wasn’t too happy about that.
 IMG_2377
This is a simple optical illusion. The folds contort and make Washington seem that he is changing his expression.
The WOW-rating for this one is a 3, but it was fun to move the bill up and down repeatedly though. Fun five minute activity, ain’t it? I wonder if any other presidents can smile?