Sunday, November 10, 2013

2/54 Straw through Potato

   I came home from church today and changed right into my lab coat and safety glasses, fired up to do some science. Today, I took a potato from the fridge and a straw from the cabinet. My goal: Get that puny straw through that dense, uncooked potato.
   Making sure all of my fingers were out of the way, I held the potato at its end. Taking some of the strongest straws we had, I held it ready to strike the innocent tuber. After an attempt or two, I got the straw all of the way through.
002 003 
006
010
After that, I had to keep going….
007
And going…
008
The poor potato. It became a potatopine.
Afterwards, I painted all the little holes so you could see all of them. I named it “The Holey Potato”.
011
You should try to see if you can do it! You will most likely find it very difficult (but try anyway!). In a few days, I will reveal my secret to this unusual mystery. 
Note: If you are going to try this experiment, You need to get the procedure. It is always a good idea to know exactly how you are going to do an experiment. Look around for it at www.stevespanglerscience.com