Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Little Bit About Me

  Hello, My name is Melissa Ober and I am fifteen years old and I live in Los Lunas, New Mexico. I have grown up here and I do not want to leave. New Mexico’s beauty is beyond wonderful. We are not called the “Land Of Enchantment” for nothing. I live with my brother, parents, and my Boston Terrier dog, Dexter. I have been homeschooled all my life and I would not change that for the world.
   I would much rather do science than a lot of things. Yes, I am a nerdy teen and I am proud of it!! 5 out of 6 of my family (including me) is involved and has an interest in science and/or mathematics. The other one is an artist. Science is in my blood.
  I have always enjoyed science. Biology and Chemistry are my favorite. I love dissecting and making things blow up (who doesn’t?). I love the whole robots thing too but I do not like to build them (I would leave that part to my brother). Most hated subject…. History. But I do appreciate it a little more now that we took a trip to D.C. 
  A few things I love doing on my own time is reading a nice book, visiting my friends, and watching something along the lines of Mythbusters, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, you get the idea. But once a week I go  and volunteer at the Explora Children’s Science Museum in Albuquerque. It is a hands-on science museum where kids get to learn many different aspects of science. Then I have my Chemistry class the next day (LOVE it!).  But spending time with my family watching Star Trek is one of my favorite things to do. With my two older sisters moved out, I figured out family time is important.
Melissa's Blog Pic