Wednesday, December 17, 2014

37/54 Bouncing Smoke Bubbles

We have another dry ice experiment! YAY! After I put together my simple equipment, I filled the jar with a couple of inches of warm water. I put a block of dry ice in the jar and that familiar wonderful reaction took place!
IMG_2137 
Attached to the jar was a rubber tube where the smoke escapes. I placed the lid on top of the jar and……..
IMG_2139
the smoke traveled through the tube! I dipped the end into a bubble solution and let the smoke travel through the tube. Look at what happened…..
IMG_2141
The bubble is filling up with the smoke!
IMG_2143 IMG_2144
Why isn’t it popping on the towel? The reason bubbles pop on your hand or other surfaces is because of the oils.  Towels don’t have oils so they don’t pop! Check this out!
 IMG_2149
IMG_2151 IMG_2152 
IMG_2154
With knit gloves on, I could hold and bounce the bubble around! It was great! It is also amazing when the bubble does pop! It looks like a ghost  disappearing.. hence their nickname- Boo Bubbles. 
We played with this amazing “toy” until the block disappeared in the jar. With the left over dry ice.. we made carbonated drinks.
IMG_2166 IMG_2169
The WOW-rating is an 8! Loved it so much! Dry ice has never failed to amuse anyone.
IMG_2163