Wednesday, May 21, 2014

25/54 The Leakproof Bag

  This one boggles my mind! I filled a plastic bag just over half full with water and sealed it. With many sharpened colored pencils I very carefully started to poke the pencils into the bag and though the other side.
IMG_1863  IMG_1864
Not a drop lost! One by one, I poked colored pencils in different places in the bag and in different ways.
IMG_1866  IMG_1867 IMG_1868
 IMG_1869   IMG_1872
IMG_1874
All in all, I stuck in thirteen pencils! I did not loose hardly any water! It was so cool!
The plastic bag is a flexible polymer called low-density-polyethylene (LDPE). Its flexible properties help form a temporary seal around the smooth surface of the pencil!
That is the end of day 3! That is seven experiments down, four more to go! I am exhausted from the constant fun.