Friday, May 23, 2014

29/54 Mentos Geyser Experiment

 Here we are, the last experiment for the book. We are going out with a bang for our BIG FINALE!! You have probably heard(or even done) the Diet Coke and Mentos geysers! That is when we get a two-liter diet coke bottle and put mentos in the coke to get a big reaction. To make this grand, I invited all of my friends over to set off as many geysers as we can! We were able to set off nine geysers! With seven mentos each, we pulled out a index card to let the mentos out of the test tube. It was AWESOME!! Check it out.
After the wonderful experiment we partook in yummy soda. As my good friend Sydney demonstrates.
IMG_1931 
And a lovely group picture.
IMG_1930
But why does the coke explode when we put in mentos? The explanation is rather long but very interesting. I encourage you to look up the result of our little experiment and discover for yourself!
For a little celebration, we ate ice cream while having whip-cream mustaches.
IMG_1940 
 IMG_1941 (2)
I loved having my friends over for helping me complete my first book! They have supported me throughout the journey.
There we are. Done with a marathon and the first book. It is a bitter sweet end. I have had so much fun with this first book and I am excited to move on to the next book. If I did not have another book to move on to, I would probably be crying right now. I am exhausted from this marathon and ready to sleep! Thank you for going along with me on my marathon and also through “Naked Eggs and Flying Potatoes”. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I have!